8.11.2010

reader, I married him.




.........I have now been married ten years.  I know what it is to live
entirely for and with what I love best on earth.  I hold myself
supremely blest--blest beyond what language can express; because I
am my husband's life as fully is he is mine.  No woman was ever
nearer to her mate than I am:  ever more absolutely bone of his bone
and flesh of his flesh.  I know no weariness of my Edward's society:
he knows none of mine, any more than we each do of the pulsation of
the heart that beats in our separate bosoms; consequently, we are
ever together.  To be together is for us to be at once as free as in
solitude, as gay as in company.  We talk, I believe, all day long:
to talk to each other is but a more animated and an audible
thinking.  All my confidence is bestowed on him, all his confidence
is devoted to me; we are precisely suited in character--perfect
concord is the result.

 {jane eyre}

No comments:

Post a Comment